Strines History Project

Strines Printworks History Project

The above is now complete. the one small remaining stone building has been renovated to use as a history room. Next to this the original works clock (Bruce's Clock 1809) has been cleverly restored with HLF grant and installed in a purpose built clock tower. Also the Strines Journal has been digitalised and a simplified version can be accessed on the Strines website (www.strines.co.uk).

An opening ceremony is planned during our annual fete on July 2nd. The clock will be officially started at 12.00pm at the millpond entrance. There will be a countdown by as many children as we can muster.

All welcome.

Mel Smith