Rose Hill House
History of a minor manor house 1820 - 1920
Written : Kate Cooper.
Published: Marple Local History Society
Out of stock: eBook version only, price £3.00
A fascinating examination of one of the grand houses of Marple. The changes and various occupants are traced from the early Georgian days through the high points in the Victorian era and then the slow decline in the early twentieth century. The changes are the result of and reflected in the evolving Marple community in those two centuries.
- Chapter 1 The Georgian House
- Chapter 2 The Victorian House
- Chapter 3 The House in the Twentieth Century
- Appendix 1 Land owned by Alice Waine in 1850
- Appendix 2 Census details
- Appendix 3 Chronology of occupants
- Appendix 4 Environs of Rose Hill